Monday, July 24

Hippy!

I've just spent a lovely evening with my long-time friend Dave, who's company I'm enjoying more and more lately, actually...
I've always had a soft spot for him, he seems to encourage that element in everyone though...
And he was my first...a long time ago.

Anyway, I digress.

He invited me along to the Golden Fleece for their Open Mic night, and suprisingly enough, I had a really nice time there.
The place was so chilled and relaxed, and the musicians were all talented and varied (some old guy singing about diarrhoea, for example!)

And I'd forgotten how much I love live music - but all in all it was just really nice to go out into the big wide world again, chat with a friendly face, and get away from my own thoughts.
The high point in all of this is that, I haven't touched a drop of alcohol all evening!
And thats saying something for me, as of late I have been knocking back the booze a bit too readily.
I've realised that I was depending on the alcohol to make me 'fun' and 'sociable' everytime I went out, and thats not a good way to be...and dammit,
I AM FUN.
Without the aid of fermented yeasts and whatnot.
Besides, I don't want to be 'that' girl anymore; the flirty, drunken one who everyone likes but maybe not for the reasons I'd prefer.

So yeah, I'm sober as nun.
It's one of those rare occasions where I'm wearing a skirt.
And I've been wandering about in flip-flops.
I am a happy hippy.

Although Dave gets more hippy points than me.
He's a stupid Vegan.
And he's crazy.


* ALSO...
I totally ran into the French girl from my old pottery class, the one who disappeared, so it was nice to see her again.
I love her accent.
She's so very French...
Can't remember her name at all though,
Oh well.


**Virginie, that was her name... I remembered it just as I was drifting off to sleep last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home